Tuleyome continues to act as a voice for the protection of the Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument in the face of the Trump administration's attack on 28 national monuments, including 7 in the state of California.
See the links below for the most current updates and information on the status of our beloved national monument, along with background information on the Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument region.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD PDFs:
- Tuleyome's Response to Trump's Executive Order
- California Legislators Sign a Letter of Support for National Monuments.
- Governor Jerry Brown's Letter in Support of National Monuments
- Comments to Secretary Zinke on the BSM National Monument from Tuleyome.
- Conservation Science Partners Report on 22 National Monuments Under Review
- 200+ Comments from the Online Postcards of Support for the BSM National Monument.
Background Information On the BSM National Monument:
- Proclamation of the BSM National Monument by President Obama, 2015
- Berryessa Snow Mountain, Klamath-Siskiyou Bioregion, and Wildlife Connectivity
- One Page Summary of the City of Winters Economic Report on the BSM National Monument
- Full Economic Report by the City of Winters.
- Prehistory of the BSM National Monument by John Parker.
- Earth Magazine article on the geology of the BSM National Monument region by Eldridge and Judith Moores.
- Ecology Conservation Biology Climate Change and the BSM region by Chad Roberts.
- Scientists Sign-On Letter of Support of the BSM National Monument.
- Susan Harrison's Comments on the BSM National Monument region provided at the town hall meeting in 2014.
- Conservation Planning Background for BSM Region, 2009
MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
Berryessa Snow Mountain is now a National Monument thanks to your hard work! Find out what is going on within the monument and with the Resource Management Plan.